Sunday, June 18, 2006

Welcome Back Internet

It's been a while since we've seen each other. What's it been now? Less than a year? It certainly feels like more than that. So how are things? The wife, the kids, the dog? What's that you say? The dog died? Well that's a shame. I suppose the kids took it pretty hard, bless their tiny fist-sized hearts. Me? I'm alright I guess. Feels like its been a lifetime since I've posted anything, not since the break up with that other site. We just drifted apart over the years. I stopped posting, she stopped listening. Matter of fact, I don't think anyone was ever really listening back in those days, but I don't think that was ever the point. Strangely similar to my return now, but I figured it's time I get back on that horse, eh? I'm sorry am I boring you? Sorry about that, I get a little down sometimes, but no matter. Moving along then.

Aside from that strange one sided conversation there, this is my slightly less than triumphant return to the internet, aside from the only thing I ever really bother to update which would be my facebook profile, which, incidentally, you most likely have access to if you are reading this, or I am on your AIM buddy list whether I know it or not. Back about almost a year now, I stopped posting on my Xanga account, which I have since deleted, since it really served no purpose, save to allow me space to vent some frustrations or what-have-you's. As gleaned from the aforementioned conversation, I decided it was high time a get back on the wild bucking bronco that is blog posting on the internet. Now as to the actual point of this little fiasco.

If you possess the ability to read this, then I am guessing you have read the title. By the way, if you do not possess the ability to read, what the hell are you doing at this site? Why are you even using a computer? All illiteracy aside, for those who know me in almost all but the loosest sense (in the sense that you may have heard my name mentioned, seen me at a party or what have you), should know that if nothing else, I can come up with ideas, depending on the situation. (Aside: Ironically, this ability fails me everytime I've tried to come up with a new screen name for AIM, but that's neither here nor there.) This, I suppose, is the major focus of this blog, as you may have gathered from the title. Now these are not ground-shaking, planet-moving ideas, at least not yet. More so they are the kind of ideas that come from random internet browsing or preposterous conversations with my brother. I figured it was high time I got these ideas down on paper or on silicon, or whatever the hell they use, before they disappeared from the contents of my memory. Some of these ideas may come in the forms ongoing stream of consciousness posts or simply one line notes, such as those made by people into handheld tape recorders, although I have neither the time, money, nor patience for one of those. Odds are there will be little in the way of opinionated posts, save as a means to an end, or updates on current events. This is not CNN, nor is it, God forbid, Fox News. Just good old fashioned grey matter. On paper. All thought. No mess. And with that I bid you adieu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home