Sunday, June 25, 2006

Charity and Alcohol

So yesterday Preston and Steve, morning radio hosts on 93.3 WMMR, had the first leg of their "Blood Alcohol" charity event. Yesterday was a blood drive held at the Franklin Mills mall, and people who registered and gave blood got tickets for this Tequila Slam concert/party thing with Sammy Hagar. I'm stealing this idea. Or at least the concept. The details are my own. I suppose this is more in the vein of a fraternity charity event, so keep that in mind. I'll start by giving you the title: Rum Runners. It would be a charity 5k or 10k or whatever. For MS or cancer or starving babies. I don't know. Get people to sign up to run and get people to sponsor them. Either that or have them pay a registration fee. Or both. It doesn't matter really. Maybe get some t-shirts made. Get some corporate and/or school sponsorship. Run the damn thing. Then have a party. Probably third party vendor sort of thing. But only with rum. I mean that's the point of calling it "Rum Runners." People with t-shirts get in free. Otherwise you have to pay a cover charge. Which would also go to charity. Maybe have a pirate/caribbean theme. I'm not sure. But this is too good to let go to waste.

EDIT: This struck me later in the day. Get Captain Morgan. Literally. The guy in the costume. How awesome would that be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home