Sunday, November 04, 2007

Wikipaths

So I, much like most people, use Wikipedia. I use it a lot. Everything from school work to checking random facts and things of that nature. The interesting thing for me is that I can sometimes get absorbed into the very fabric of Wikipedia, going from link to link in multiple topics, especially when it concerns something like comic book characters.

If I recall correctly, I had previously mentioned wondering whether Google and/or Wikipedia would track those topics that you search/view. This musing either appeared here or in the real world. But I've been wondering in the past few days what my Wikipedia activity looks like. So I've decided that at some point, for a period of time, say a week, that I'm going to track my Wikipedia usage as a tree structure, where a new search starts a tree and an opened link from within an article represents a branch of said tree.

Additionally, I wonder whether this could turn into a new game in the vein of 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon. See if you can get from the 1880 Republican Convention to Bernhard Riemann in 6 moves...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home