Monday, October 15, 2007

It's Really Strange When...

I hear some of my favorite music, which by and large flies somewhat under the radar, as the musical scoring to a network television show. The show in this case is NBC's Chuck, which I suppose can best be described as a spy-comedy. So now, after finishing watching the first three episodes, I've heard both Spoon and The National. While I expected to hear Spoon on television at some point, particularly following Britt Daniels scoring Stranger Than Fiction, it was a surprise to hear The National. There are other songs that I recognized from the show as well, but I really didn't feel like identifying them as I watched the show.

I would liken this to the whole Grey's anatomy thing, only because I've heard rumors about there being songs selected from a similar vein, a la Metric and Let's Go Sailing. Only difference here is that I actually like Chuck. Grey's Anatomy does significantly more pussy-footing around as a show, which is okay in small doses, but can really get annoying. The nice thing about Chuck is that there is an element of action to the show, which gives one license to rock out, as the case may be. Besides, they can always save some tender moment for some sappier song. Although I do admit, I liked the use of The National's Slow Show at the end of the third episode, during a tender moment at that.

I'll be putting up another update following this, although it really only makes sense retroactive to the end of August. Or at least part of it does.

Additionally, I'll be putting up some album reviews this week, so keep an eye out for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home