Friday, November 17, 2006

Iron Chef America

So I realize that everything, with the exception of the actual cooking on the show, is just an act, but that still doesn't prevent me from hating it. Particularly the "Chairman." Apparently this guy, who incidentally is actually Hawaiian and the guy from the Crow TV show, claims to be the nephew of Chairman Kaga from the Japanese version. He just seems so much further over the top than Kaga, which I suppose is saying a lot. Every motion is either some ridiculous full body karate chop or a karate bow. And he's got crazy eyes. But I think the major reason why I really don't like the show is that it all seems fixed. It is very rare that the challenger ever wins. Perhaps it's that I cheer for the underdog, but I suppose I don't have the luxury of tasting the dishes. Even so, there always seems to be an effort to screw the challenger out of two points so the Iron Chef wins by one. On a separate note, I actually like the majority of the Iron Chefs outside of the show, except Cat Cora for some reason. She seems like a very angry person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home