Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Shag Art

Has anyone ever tried painting with carpet? I don't mean painting a wall, unless it's a mural of some sort. Although I do imagine you could use varieties of carpet to create some kind of faux finish that people seem to be crazy about these days. But legitimate art. If I painted a picture with shag carpeting for instance. Would it be any good? I suppose that's really more an indictment of my artistic skills. But given that there are multiple carpet styles, you could get various brushstroke effects. I think it has potential.

2 Comments:

At Wed Jul 19, 02:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike, when I read this I was kinda confused for a bit, cause there are two ways you can paint with carpet. One is actually painting (using it as a brush) like what you meant, but the other idea I had was more like a paint by numbers idea where you cut out the shapes you need from carpeting and can paste it on a wall to make a picture. What do you think about that? could it work? -- Amit Elhanan

 
At Wed Jul 19, 07:25:00 PM, Blogger ranbom said...

I had originally just thought of it as actual painting, but that is most definitely a possibility, and an intriguing one at that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home