Tuesday, August 08, 2006

For the Rich and Famous, As Well As the Not So Rich and Not Famous

So a few things in this post. First of all, the real estate ads in the Wall Street Journal are really something. They have all of these multi million dollar estates advertised around the country. I think I saw an estate in California for like $19 million dollars. Crazy. In addition there was an ad for a condominium complex in Miami for about $2.5 - 3 million. It came with a servants' quarters. Which happened to be about the size of the 'Hers' bathroom. Yeah. His and Hers bathrooms in the master suite. Four bedrooms, 5 1/2 baths. Crazy. There was also a compound in Massachusetts for sale, though I forget the price. I qualify calling it a compound by adding this: it has a pistol range. So let's add that to the dream home shall we? Bat Cave, volcano, cyborg army, hidden passages, pistol range.

Going in completely the other direction. I was at Ikea this weekend out in Conshohocken, PA. I like Ikea. I really do. I made the comment at the time that I might actually furnish my apartment or house at some point strictly from Ikea. It's cool stuff, relatively inexpensive, besides which they have these whole setups in the showroom floor to give you ideas about which things to use together in a room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home